IMPORTANT MCREA ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Position Opening! MCREA has an opening for our newsletter editor position. This position can be shared as well! We need a computer-savvy unified member of MCREA who enjoys designing layout and editing content submitted by our Officers and Committee Chairpersons. Get in touch ASAP with Susan Vigilante at firstname.lastname@example.org or Betty McConnell at email@example.com.
- Publication Mailing Meetings/Posting Dates for 2017-18:
2017: August 21, November 20;
2018: February 20, April 9, May 21, and August 20
- Luncheon/Business Meeting Dates for 2017-18:
2017: September 13, October 11, December 13;
2018: March 7, May 9, June 13; Fundraiser, April 20.
Click here for a digital copy of the MCREA Newsletter:
Purposes of the Association:
- To inform members about benefits available to them and how to attain them;
- To provide scholarship aid to students who have been graduated from Morris County, NJ public schools and who will prepare for a career in education by graduating with a bachelor’s degree in education.
- To further the advancement of education in New Jersey and in the United States;
- To advocate and promote the passage of local, state, and national legislation and/or programs and services benefiting retired members;
- To hold meetings at which relevant information may be presented to MCREA members by those who conduct state business on behalf of members;
- To provide a report of MCREA meetings, activities, and other pertinent information to each member by means of MCREA publications and media and/or through publications and media of NJREA/NJEA.
- Executive Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month in Sept., Oct., Dec., March, April, May, and June.
- Business meetings/luncheons are held on the second Wednesday of the months of Sept., Oct., Dec., March, May, and June. The business meeting begins at 10:30 AM, with lunch at 12 Noon.
- Location and dates of meetings/luncheons are published in each issue of the MCREA
- The annual fundraiser is held in April, usually on the third Friday;
- When meeting dates fall on religious holidays, a new date is scheduled;
- Members of the Executive Board are elected at the business meeting in May; the budget is voted on at the business meeting in June;
- The MCREA News is published five times each year: September/October, December, March, May, and June. To access the News online, go to mccea.com/mcrea. No password is needed.
- MCREA Members enrolled prior to September 1, 2014, are encouraged to access the MCREA News online via email notification but do have the option of regular mail delivery;
- For MCREA members enrolled as of or after September 1, 2014, an email notification is sent when access to the newest issue of the MCREA News is available online.
- The membership year begins on September 1st and concludes on August 31st;
- NJREA mails notifications for unified membership renewals to the majority of MCREA annual renewal members, generally in May; the options of either annual renewal (AnR) or life (LF) membership are available;
President: Susan Vigilante firstname.lastname@example.org 973-539-1820
1st VP: Susan Beekman email@example.com 973-514-1080
2st VP: Marianne Dispenziere firstname.lastname@example.org 862-684-3818
3rd VP: Joan Jensen email@example.com 973-722-8253
Treasurer: Ron Gounaud firstname.lastname@example.org 973-989-8216
Secretary: Rosemary McHugh email@example.com 973-216-7208
Past President: Tina Antalek firstname.lastname@example.org 973-208-2133
Archives: Theresa Garnier 973-267-7231
Arrangements: Charlotte Bayley email@example.com 973-697-6486
Finance: Carolyn Gallagher 973-882-8644
Government Relations: Tim McGrail firstname.lastname@example.org 908-581-5360
Government Relations: Ginny Osborne email@example.com 973-714-1211
Health/Member Benefits: Barbara Satz firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospitality: Cathy Magliocchetti 973-366-1460
Hospitality: Anita Kalyan Kalyan35@verizon.net 973-361-1656
Human Rights: Shirley Chamberlin email@example.com 973-647-0614
Member Recruitment: Joanne Belmonte firstname.lastname@example.org 201-787-0913
Membership: Marcia Heiden email@example.com 973-980-4830
Nominations: Joseph Steigauf firstname.lastname@example.org 973-361-6864
Parliamentarian: Linda Marton email@example.com 973-432-4365
Publications: Maria Capik
Publicity: Betty Deus
Reservations: Cheryl Doltz firstname.lastname@example.org 973-361-2399
Revisions: Ruth Herr
Scholarship: Betty Levine email@example.com 973-625-3134
Scholarship: Arlene Pepe firstname.lastname@example.org 973-534-7691
Special Events: Elaine Goldfisher email@example.com 973-886-9930
Sunshine: Betty McConnell firstname.lastname@example.org 973-895-2630
Travel: Kay Laskoski