IMPORTANT MCREA ANNOUNCEMENTS
- MCREA 2018 Scholarship-Application available now! Click here to download a copy.
- OPTUM RX UPDATE: Over the last week members are starting to receive more information from OPTUM RX. Letters, postcards, as well as the new prescription card and formulary information packets are appearing in member mailboxes both in and out of state. This is certainly a good sign! While everyone is not receiving exactly the same information at this point, it is important to note that if someone does not have their prescription card and formulary packet by mid-December that they should reach out for assistance. Once again, here is the link to the NJEA website which provides contact information for OPTUM RX: https://www.njea.org/sehbp-retired-njea-member-prescription-benefits-transitioning-optumrx/
- Attention Veterans! Click here for important information about tax exemptions!
- Publication Mailing Meetings/Posting Dates for 2018:
2018: April 9, May 21, and August 20
- Luncheon/Business Meeting Dates for 2018:
2018: May 9, June 13; Fundraiser, April 20.
Click here for a digital copy of the Tricky Tray registration form.
Click here for a digital copy of the MCREA Newsletter:
We are sorry for the mistake but the reservation form is the Newsletter for the March meeting should be March 7, 2018 instead of 2017.
Purposes of the Association:
- To inform members about benefits available to them and how to attain them;
- To provide scholarship aid to students who have been graduated from Morris County, NJ public schools and who will prepare for a career in education by graduating with a bachelor’s degree in education.
- To further the advancement of education in New Jersey and in the United States;
- To advocate and promote the passage of local, state, and national legislation and/or programs and services benefiting retired members;
- To hold meetings at which relevant information may be presented to MCREA members by those who conduct state business on behalf of members;
- To provide a report of MCREA meetings, activities, and other pertinent information to each member by means of MCREA publications and media and/or through publications and media of NJREA/NJEA.
- Executive Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month in Sept., Oct., Dec., March, April, May, and June.
- Business meetings/luncheons are held on the second Wednesday of the months of Sept., Oct., Dec., March, May, and June. The business meeting begins at 10:30 AM, with lunch at 12 Noon.
- Location and dates of meetings/luncheons are published in each issue of the MCREA
- The annual fundraiser is held in April, usually on the third Friday;
- When meeting dates fall on religious holidays, a new date is scheduled;
- Members of the Executive Board are elected at the business meeting in May; the budget is voted on at the business meeting in June;
- The MCREA News is published five times each year: September/October, December, March, May, and June. To access the News online, go to mccea.com/mcrea. No password is needed.
- MCREA Members enrolled prior to September 1, 2014, are encouraged to access the MCREA News online via email notification but do have the option of regular mail delivery;
- For MCREA members enrolled as of or after September 1, 2014, an email notification is sent when access to the newest issue of the MCREA News is available online.
- The membership year begins on September 1st and concludes on August 31st;
- NJREA mails notifications for unified membership renewals to the majority of MCREA annual renewal members, generally in May; the options of either annual renewal (AnR) or life (LF) membership are available;
President: Susan Vigilante email@example.com 973-539-1820
1st VP: Susan Beekman firstname.lastname@example.org 973-514-1080
2st VP: Marianne Dispenziere email@example.com 862-684-3818
3rd VP: Joan Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org 973-722-8253
Treasurer: Ron Gounaud email@example.com 973-989-8216
Secretary: Rosemary McHugh firstname.lastname@example.org 973-216-7208
Past President: Tina Antalek email@example.com 973-208-2133
Archives: Theresa Garnier 973-267-7231
Arrangements: Charlotte Bayley firstname.lastname@example.org 973-697-6486
Finance: Carolyn Gallagher 973-882-8644
Government Relations: Tim McGrail email@example.com 908-581-5360
Government Relations: Ginny Osborne firstname.lastname@example.org 973-714-1211
Health/Member Benefits: Barbara Satz email@example.com
Hospitality: Cathy Magliocchetti 973-366-1460
Hospitality: Anita Kalyan Kalyan35@verizon.net 973-361-1656
Human Rights: Shirley Chamberlin firstname.lastname@example.org 973-647-0614
Member Recruitment: Joanne Belmonte email@example.com 201-787-0913
Membership: Marcia Heiden firstname.lastname@example.org 973-980-4830
Nominations: Joseph Steigauf email@example.com 973-361-6864
Parliamentarian: Linda Marton firstname.lastname@example.org 973-432-4365
Publications: Maria Capik
Publicity: Betty Deus
Reservations: Cheryl Doltz email@example.com 973-361-2399
Revisions: Ruth Herr
Scholarship: Betty Levine firstname.lastname@example.org 973-625-3134
Scholarship: Arlene Pepe email@example.com 973-534-7691
Special Events: Elaine Goldfisher firstname.lastname@example.org 973-886-9930
Sunshine: Betty McConnell email@example.com 973-895-2630
Travel: Kay Laskoski