Scholarship Luncheon and Tricky Tray-Friday, April 21st-Click here!
IMPORTANT MCREA ANNOUNCEMENTS-Posted on January 11, 2017
- This special announcement is being posted to alert our MCREA members to the possibility that important messages may need to be communicated to you via this website (mccea.com/mcrea) at times that do not coincide with the regular publication dates of our MCREA News. Please tell your fellow MCREA members to do as you have just done — check these pages frequently, not just when you are expecting to find a newly published issue of the MCREA News.
- You are invited!! The newly formed MCREA LUNCH BUNCH group will be meeting at the Randolph Diner at Noon on February 8, 2017. Yes … for lunch! A plain, ordinary, just-for-the-fun-of-it LUNCH. Please let committee chair Elaine Goldfisher know that you plan to attend by sending her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org a week or so in advance. In that way – just in case it snows, Elaine can let you know if the gathering needs to be cancelled or rescheduled.
- FYI: Publication/Posting dates for upcoming issues of the MCREA News are: February 13, 2017 April 17, 2017 May 15, 2017 August 21, 2017
The MCREA Scholarship Application is now available! Click here to download the application.
Click here for a digital copy of the MCREA Newsletter:
Purposes of the Association:
- To inform members about benefits available to them and how to attain them;
- To provide scholarship aid to students who have been graduated from Morris County, NJ public schools and who will prepare for a career in education by graduating with a bachelor’s degree in education.
- To further the advancement of education in New Jersey and in the United States;
- To advocate and promote the passage of local, state, and national legislation and/or programs and services benefiting retired members;
- To hold meetings at which relevant information may be presented to MCREA members by those who conduct state business on behalf of members;
- To provide a report of MCREA meetings, activities, and other pertinent information to each member by means of MCREA publications and media and/or through publications and media of NJREA/NJEA.
- Executive Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month in Sept., Oct., Dec., March, April, May, and June.
- Business meetings/luncheons are held on the second Wednesday of the months of Sept., Oct., Dec., March, May, and June. The business meeting begins at 10:30 AM, with lunch at 12 Noon.
- Location and dates of meetings/luncheons are published in each issue of the MCREA
- The annual fundraiser is held in April, usually on the third Friday;
- When meeting dates fall on religious holidays, a new date is scheduled;
- Members of the Executive Board are elected at the business meeting in May; the budget is voted on at the business meeting in June;
- The MCREA News is published five times each year: September/October, December, March, May, and June. To access the News online, go to mccea.com/mcrea. No password is needed.
- MCREA Members enrolled prior to September 1, 2014, are encouraged to access the MCREA News online via email notification but do have the option of regular mail delivery;
- For MCREA members enrolled as of or after September 1, 2014, an email notification is sent when access to the newest issue of the MCREA News is available online.
- The membership year begins on September 1st and concludes on August 31st;
- NJREA mails notifications for unified membership renewals to the majority of MCREA annual renewal members, generally in May; the options of either annual renewal (AnR) or life (LF) membership are available;
PRESIDENT: Susan Vigilante email@example.com 973-539-1820
1st VP: Susan Beekman firstname.lastname@example.org 973-514-1080
2nd VP: Ginny Osborne email@example.com 973-697-2845
3rd VP: Connie Strucko firstname.lastname@example.org 973-361-1268
Treasurer: Joseph Steigauf email@example.com 973-361-6864
Secretary: Cheryl Doltz firstname.lastname@example.org 973-361-2399
Past Pres.: Tina Antalek email@example.com 973-208-2133
Archives: Theresa Garnier firstname.lastname@example.org 973-267-7231
Arrangements: Rosemary McHugh email@example.com 973-216-7208
Finance: Joseph Steigauf firstname.lastname@example.org 973-361-6864
Member Benefits: Barbara Satz email@example.com 973-538-2139
Hospitality: Cathy Magliocchetti (no email address) 973-366-1460
Legislative: Tim McGrail firstname.lastname@example.org 908-725-7002
Member Recruitment: Joanne Belmonte email@example.com 201-787-0913
Membership: Marcia Heiden firstname.lastname@example.org 973-425-0875
Newsletter: Betty McConnell email@example.com 973-895-2630
Nominating Committee: Linda Marton firstname.lastname@example.org 973-432-4365
Parliamentarian: Anita Kalyan email@example.com 973-361-1656
Publications: Bob Carr firstname.lastname@example.org 973-398-9089
Publicity: Betty Deus email@example.com 973-627-6348
Reservations: Nancy Condit firstname.lastname@example.org 973-335-0990
Revisions: Ruth Herr email@example.com 201-602-0366
Scholarship: Arlene Pepe firstname.lastname@example.org 973-534-7691
Scholarship: Betty Levine lizlev728 @optonline.net 973-625-3134
Special Events: Elaine Goldfisher email@example.com 973-886-9930
Sunshine: Nan Grafton (no email address) 973-538-0075
Travel: Kay Laskoski firstname.lastname@example.org 973-234-5954